Sunday 19 April 2020

Dying Eyes





when the light is in your eyes , the subtle colour of honey is reflected in each spec'
when helpless and tired muted colors curl up in its fold
now it is time for death to stare out of your eyes
and i stand still unable to look away

nothing is silent in it
its a storm taking ownership
and you are nowhere to be seen

nothing is as real, death is the only thing thats alive
and its the most cruel torture,
playing in your eye

death and life in the whirlwind of madness
one indistingushable from the other
no space to think to escape

Its the only time your eyes are playing this death scene
this once is enough the only for me
if you stared into the dying eyes like me
you would know theres nowhere to flee

Copyright Kavita Trivedi, Polestar- A collection of poems

1 comment:

I can still hear the birds

When I hear the birds you know it is going to be allright It's my blanket, my safety The twitters and calls The flight, the spread...